COVID-19 Case at Carman Food Store
May 4, 2021
We’ve learned one (1) employee working at our Homestead Co-op Carman Food Store has been confirmed to have COVID-19. To protect our community, we’ve taken the following actions:
- We’ve reviewed the employee’s work schedule and have asked other employees that have had close contact to self-isolate as well.
- We deep-cleaned the location, paying particular attention to areas they have been and surfaces they contacted.
- When COVID-19 was confirmed, we contacted the public health authority and will comply with any directions they provide.
Our thoughts are with this individual and we wish them a speedy recovery. Rest assured we will continue to monitor the situation and implement recommended safety measures to keep our employees and customers safe. Thank you for your continued support and patience as we navigate these challenging times.
We appreciate the work being done by all our employees in serving the community and we’re working to support them as we make our way through this pandemic together. That’s why when any of our employees are feeling unwell or showing symptoms, they are directed to self-isolate at home and seek testing. We have also deployed a COVID-19 system to provide our stores and employees with immediate support.
We cannot disclose the name of any employee who has tested positive due to privacy concerns. See the webpage for COVID-19 public risks in Manitoba. If Public Health has determined through their investigation that there is a potential COVID-19 exposure risk to the public, they will announce it on this webpage and if they are able to identify a customer specifically through their investigation, they will reach out to this person directly.
We understand the impacts of COVID-19, which is why we want to be transparent and disclose broad details about the confirmed cases while ensuring the confidentiality of our team.
|DATE CONFIRMED||DATE OF LAST SHIFT||LOCATION|
|May 3, 2021||April 29, 2021||HOMESTEAD CO-OP CARMAN FOOD STORE (61 Main St S Box 790, Carman, MB, R0G 0J0)|
With COVID-19 being declared a global pandemic, that is a global challenge and has a real impact on all Western Canadian communities Co-op serves. The province of Manitoba has made some changes to the current Public Health Orders that will come into effect on April 28th.
Current Manitoba COVID-19 Guidelines
Mask wearing is still mandatory in all indoor public places, including all Homestead Co-op locations. This includes our Carman, La Salle, Portage la Prairie, Austin, MacGregor, Treherne and Oakville locations.
As of Wednesday April 28th, our Homestead Co-op retail locations will be operating at decreased capacity based on the current Manitoba Public Health orders.
• All retails must limit capacity to 25% of fire code allowance (to a maximum of 250 people, not including employees)
• All products can be sold in store (no restrictions on essential/non-essential items)
• All stores must strictly adhere to all other safety protocols for personal hygiene, cleaning and sanitizing/disinfecting and physical distancing
• We will continue to encourage phone or online interactions wherever possible, as well as curbside pickup and delivery
Safety is our PriorityHomestead Consumers Co-op has and continues to take steps across all our facilities to help our communities stay safe and healthy. We want to be diligent by doing our part to prevent greater impacts.
Our stores are cleaned and sanitized daily as part of our normal business, but all stores have increased the frequency of cleaning. We are also ensuring that available preventive resources are made available to both customers and Team Members.
Homestead Co-op is currently using commercial electrostatic sprayers that allow us to sanitize our retail spaces safely and effectively, with less chemical usage, in combination with other cleaning protocols.
Given the guidance that we have received from the Public Health Agency of Canada and Manitoba Public Health, as well as our own preparedness efforts, we are taking preventative steps to ensure that your local Co-op stores are safe.
You can view our current store location and hours here.
Homestead Co-op LocationsOur La Salle, Portage, Treherne and Carman Food Stores, as well as our Gas Bars and Home Centres, will be operating under the following guidelines until Manitoba Health advises otherwise:
• Site capacity is at 25%.
• We will be counting the number of shoppers and you may have to wait outside so please dress accordingly.
• Masks are mandatory.
• Two meter social distancing while in store.
• Employees will continue to sanitize carts, baskets, door handles & till areas.
• Please do not come in the store if you are sick or have come into contact with someone with Covid-19.
• We're encouraging our customers to shop alone, wherever possible.
Homestead Co-op Food StoresIf you are self-quarantined, immunocompromised, or otherwise have reason to not visit us in person, please see our online grocery delivery and pickup form or call your local Food Store for delivery details.
- Portage — 204-856-2135 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Carman — 204-745-2544 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homestead Co-op Pharmacy @ Carman — 204-745-3602
- Homestead Co-op Pharmacy @ Portage — 204-239-0458
- Treherne — 204-723-2208
- La Salle — 204-736-3011 or e-mail email@example.com
Free delivery in Treherne for those affected by Covid
If you are quarantining/isolating and need items delivered from our Homestead Co-op Treherne Food Store location, there is a $3.00 packing fee, however the Treherne Kinsmen Club will deliver free of charge to those living in the municipality of Norfolk Treherne. Please contact the our Treherne Food Store at 204-723-2208 to make arrangements.
Homestead Co-op Home CentresWe offer delivery and curbside pick up at our home centres. Please see our online home centre delivery or pickup form or call your local store for more details.
Carman — 204-745-6791
La Salle — 204-736-3293
MacGregor — 204-685-2033
Thank you!We ask that you help lower the number of patrons in the stores and pay your charge account via online banking or mailing a cheque to Box 70, Portage la Prairie, MB, R1N 3B3.
Thank you for being a loyal Homestead Co-op member and customer.
We are community. We are local. We are Co-op.